The greatest creations are those that as you create them, you get lost in your thoughts, by the time you're tired of thinking you're holding in your hands, something from deep within...

Welcome inside my head, my heart...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Photo a Week - "Something New" :)

I'm late! I'm late ! for a very important date! Well, it's not Monday but better late that not at all right? :D

This weeks theme is something new. I have quite a bit of "new" going on here but this particular "something new" deserves it's own entry!

The other day I got a wonderful surprise from my friend Linda.
Apparently I won one of her blog giveaways!! :D

The box contained a pretty little vase filled with these beautiful shells that Linda collected herself in Florida. There were also battery operated mini lights and fiber optics to add to the vase. My goodness the woman even thought to put in batteries for both!!

I'm not sure if I was supposed to but I used both types of lights and I LOVE it! Isn't this gorgeous?!


















All lit up in the dark



















Thank you sooo much Linda!!!! And thank you all for visiting :)
Have a super fantastic day!

hugs,
Sprite

9 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

It's gorgeous, Sprite! I think the lights are so effective. Lucky YOU!

Mike Fleming said...

Yes ice in Florida is just totally unacceptable, the good news is it doesn't last long. Linda has been saying for years that the first snowflake we see we are moving farther south. I really like the effect of the lights and the shells.

MaryO said...

How beautiful!!! Linda does the very BEST giveaways. I'm so glad you won!

Sue said...

Lovely and magical! What a great giveaway.

Unknown said...

That is very other worldly!! wonderful.

Laume said...

What a clever pretty! I have some battery operated lights from a costume that I could use to do something similar. Rocks or shells or... maybe buttons?

Jonty said...

The varying colours in the shells backed & fronted by the lights angles make for a beautiful lit eye catching piece indeed. The picture is wonderful but i bet the real thing has you staring for ages lol. I know i would at it. Very nice indeed.

Linda Fleming said...

So glad they arrived unbroken, Sprite. A tickled pink you like them. Now a little piece of my favorite place in the world is with you.

BumbleVee said...

ooooh, they look very pretty in the dark..... glad they got there intact.....

Mine will be a bit longer trudging their way north...but, by end of the week I will be hounding the postman...